Ever wonder what kind of a social media person you are perceived as?
Based in Canada, Aimia, a company specializing in loyalty management, recently published results of a study that analysed the behavioural drivers of trust and control to come up with 6 distinct social media personas / personality types – no shows, newcomers, onlookers, cliquers, mix-n-minglers and sparks.
The 6 Social Media Persona Types.
- No Shows (41% of US population) – least involved with social media, if at all; infrequently engage in online commerce.
- Newcomers (15%) – passive users of a single social media network, primarily to enhance offline relationships
- Onlookers (16%) – observe others via social channels on a regular basis, but share almost no personal information
- Cliquers (6%) – active users of one network; influential among their small group of friends and family
- Mix-n-Minglers (19%) – those who regularly share and interact with a diverse group of connections via social media
- Sparks (3%) – most active and deeply engaged users of social media; will serve as enthusiastic online ambassadors for their favorite brands