After Market close today, Apple Inc, the world’s most valuable company reported that it sold a record 35.1 million iPhones in the 1st three months of 2012. They soundly beat major wall street analysts’ expectations some of who were skeptical following weaker-than-expected iPhone activations on the AT&T and Verizon networks during the same quarter.
Share of apple (Ticker AAPL), which had been taking a beating for the last 2 weeks and down by nearly 13% from it’s all time peak, soared to more than 7% in the after hours trading today, primarily from the strong earnings report.
Apple Q2 2012 Earnings: Here’s the breakdown
- Total Revenue / Nett Income: $39.2 billion with $11.62 billion in earnings (vs $26.67 billion with $6 billion in earnings a year ago).
- EPS: Earnings per share was $12.30 (vs $6.40 in Q2 2011)
- iPhones sold (all models): 35.1 million units (vs 18.65 million units a year ago)
- iPads sold: 11.8 million units (vs 4.69 units sold a year ago )
- Macs sold: 4 million units (vs 3.76 million units a year ago)
- iPods sold: 7.7 million units (vs 8.8 million units a year ago)
[ photo via guestofaguest.com ]