The much anticipated Apple Press event just started here in San Francisco at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts. The lights went dim and the new Apple CEO Tim Cook took stage. After speaking briefly about how Apple Inc was at the forefront of ushering the world into the post-PC world, Tim laid out some stunning stats and numbers.
Apple iPad3 Live Press Event – Highlights
Here’s what we have learned so far from the event. We will keep updating this as and when we learn about new things from the event and from social media (twitter, blogs, google news etc). So stay tuned, follow us on twitter @oObly.
Apple Live Press Event – Apple Inc Highlights
- Apple: Sold 172 million Post-PC devices, making up 76% of Apple’s revenue in 2011.
- Apple: Sold 315 million iOS devices – iPod Touch, iPad, iPhone – through last year, 62 million in Q4 2011.
- iPad: 15.4 million iPads sold in Q4 2011. “iPad is the poster child for the post-PC world.”
Apple Live Press Event – iPad 3, iPad Highlights
- iPad 3: iPad3 has a Home button and an amazing Retina display.
- iPad 3: iPad3 has 44% greater color saturation than iPad 2.
- iPad 3: The resolution on the iPad3 is also higher. Much, much higher than a 1080p display. 3.1 million pixels, 264 pixels per inch
- iPad 3: New iSight Camera. 5 Mega Pixel rear camera, backside illuminated sensor on the back, 5-element lens, IR filter, and ISP built into A5X chip.
Apple Live Press Event – Apps, Siri, iCloud Highlights
- Apps: There are 585,000 apps on the App store. 25 billion apps downloaded, with the 25 billionth app download occuring in China.
- Siri: Voice Assistant Siri coming to Japan as part of iOS 5.1. iOS 5.1 releases today, with siri rolling out in Japan over next few weeks.
- iCloud: iCloud now has 100 million customers.
Apple Live Press Event – Apple TV Highlights
- Apple TV: New Apple TV announced today, supports 1080p, has a new “streamlined” user interface. (full-1080p resolution).
- Apple TV: Apple TV is selling for $99, available for preorder today, and will ships March 16th.
…to be continued….