Today, Google unveiled it’s latest version of the Android OS, Android 4.0 a.k.a. Ice Cream Sandwich a.k.a. ICS, coming to smart phones next year (2012).
Here are the Top 7 features of Android 4.0 / Ice Cream Sandwich that you are gonna love!
Ice Cream Sandwich Top New Features
- Unlock your phone with Your Face : The new lock screen is slick, complete with facial recognition features that you can use to unlock your phone using your front-facing camera.
- Take screenshots like in the iPhone: The ability to take screenshots is now built-in (like it should have been!). You can now take screenshots of your phone by simply pressing the Volume down + Power simultaneously.
- Better manage your Folders: Folders are now easier and more intutive to create and use. All you have to do is press-drag one app on top of another to create a folder. You can rearrange folders using similar gestures and it’s all very intuitive.
- Customize your Ice Cream Sandwich dock: The Ice Cream Sandwich’s dock is customizable, and you can even put folders into it for quick access to apps and contacts.
- Get Speech-to-text translation in real-time: The speech-to-text utility now decodes your words and phrases in real time. When you utter a word, you will now see that word instantly appear in the window, before you utter the next world. So you no longer have to finish saying an entire sentence for the text to appear in the text window. This has got to be one of the most useful updates in Android 4.0 Icecream Sandwich.
- Use an improved Keyboard: The new phone keyboard has much simpler recommendations bar complete with inline spell checking. The Copy-paste feature has also been greatly improved in that you can select text and just drag it around within your message very easily.
- Declutter your Notifications: You can now swipe on the screen (left to right) to get rid of single notifications from your drawer. This will help you better manage your notifications and keep them from *gumming up* / cluttering your drawer.