Jetbrains, creators of nearly a dozen professional software productivity tools including ReSharper (for .NET Developers), RubyMine (Cutting-Edge Ruby on Rails IDE) released a pre-alpha version of it’s Objective-C Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for a better, faster, easier, iOS development experience.
According to JetBrains, the EAP program is pre-alpha release. Jetbrains is looking at the developer community to download and use it and provide valuable feedback on the software, that will then help them come up with a beta and eventually a production release that you will use daily with confidence, with the features that you desire!
AppCode IDE installs on the Mac OS X and allows developers to write, test and debug iOS projects targeted toward the iPhone and iPad app development.
AppCode IDE – Key Features
- ‘New Xcode Project’ wizard
- Project compilation window
- Debugger (evaluation, variables, breakpoints, completion)
- Debugger data renderer (Array)
- Code inspections and quick fixes
- Smart editor with code completion (auto-complete)
- Opening and creating Xcode projects (including Xcode 4)
- Integration with the standard Interface Builder
- Running applications in iOS Simulator
- Debugger with breakpoints, variables, watches and evaluate expression
- Refactorings, e.g. ‘Change Signature’ and ‘Extract Method’
- On the fly code analysis and quick-fix suggestions
- Hi-class version control systems integration (Subversion, Git, Perforce and CVS)
If you are an iOS App Developer, you should definitely check this out!