In it’s “Engaging the World” TEDx event, TEDxBerkeley seeks to gather world-leading thinkers, makers, and doers at U.C. Berkeley in front of a very diverse yet curated audience that is a mix of 1400 students, professors, and thought leaders from Berkeley and beyond.
TEDxBerkeley is a local version of the world renowned TED Conference series and takes place on Saturday February 19th, 2011 in Berkeley, California.
“Engaging The World” – TEDxBerkeley List Of Speakers
The event’s speaker lineup is quite impressive, and includes
- Jason Atwood – Director of Ethiopia ConnectED, an education initiative inspired by TEDster Sugata Mitra’s research on self-organized learning environments.
- Gopi Kallayil – Group Product Marketing Manager at Google supporting the marketing of the Company’s flagship advertising product, AdWords-
- David Silverman – Animator involved with the animated TV series The Simpsons from the very beginning, where he animated all of the original Simpsons Tracy Ullman shorts and went on to serve as director of animation for several years.
- Erin Ganju – Co-founder and CEO of Room to Read, an organization that seeks to transform the lives of millions of children in the developing world by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education.
- Bryan Alvarez – A doctoral candidate at the U.C. Berkeley, researching brain-based and cognitive mechanisms of a unique form of sensory-blending called Synesthesia, which he also experiences
- David Rose – Product designer, technology visionary, and serial entrepreneur and CEO at Vitality, a company reinventing medication packaging with wireless technology.
- Lopa Brunjes – A biochar pioneer, sustainability advocate, and Executive VP at Biochar Engineering Corp, a Colorado company defining the leading edge of the burgeoning biochar industry
- Robert Fuller – Former president of Oberlin College and author of Somebodies and Nobodies: Overcoming the Abuse of Rank
For a complete list of speakers, check out the speaker page on TEDxBerkeley.org.
TEDxBerkeley “Engaging the World” – Tickets
Ticket are at various prices as follows.
- $30 – Current UC Berkeley Student or Faculty
- $75 – Valentines Day Special
- $100 – General Admission
Get TEDxBerkeley Tickets here. The event passcode is bears11
For a 50% discount use casshasconnections at checkout (thanks to @webwallflower for the discount code!)
TEDxBerkeley “Engaging the World” – Location, Address
Saturday, February 19, 2011 (10:30 am – 7 pm)
101 Zellerbach Hall #4800
University of California, Berkeley
Berkeley, CA 94720
TEDxBerkeley “Engaging the World” – Parking, Event Logistics
For parking information, directions and other event logistics, check out the TEDxBerkeley event logistics page here.